Monday, July 24, 2006

Yun Hota To Kya Hota...

Rarely do I get excited about movies, but I really couldn't have thought of missing out on this one. The day I saw the rushes of the film for the first time on the television, the wait for its release had begun... The biggest reason being the name under the director's column - the ever so classy, Naseeruddin Shah!

I've always admired him as an actor ; the ease with which he plays his part in all his movies - so effortless, yet so perfect! Now he emerges as more or less a consummate director, and strives to take his achievements, a step further.



A couple of days back, I was watching a special feature on the movie, where he talked about the mentations behind the film and the selection of the cast, and when I watched the movie, I was amazed at the perfection with which those thoughts were executed on screen!

The director is so clear about where to end, and he is on the right track throughout. It is so easy to lose way in between while handling four different stories in parallel, but when it's Mr. Naseeruddin Shah, there's a little chance of things going awry!

The last quarter of the movie leaves you dumbstruck! It took me a long time to sink in, the way all of it had come to a close, with the question ringing loud enough in the head :: What if?...

The title song alone forms the background score of the movie, which very well captures the essence of the plot and the different situations being portrayed.

All in all, a great movie by a great man!
A must watch...

6 comments:

makuchaku said...

Nice movie... i must say.
It took me by surprise when the receptionist turned the date to 11th sept &... i realized that it was wtc in focus & not irrfan!
Ghosh!

Seriously, the way NS handled four different plots & merged them together in the end was good!

BTW... i never knew you too blogged... untill i saw your status in y! mssngr :)

Nice!

Vj said...

you made me want to see the movie
let's see if i can find it somewhere.
Last week I had a choice between yun hota... and pirated of carribien and I went for later adn was disappointed at it

Reeta Skeeter said...

nice blog!!

Life in Flux said...

hey!!! i agree... awesome movie. i can go see it again!!! and even though someone spoilt the end for me, i was glued to the screen towards the end. thanks for recommending this movie. keep the blog alive!!!

Anonymous said...

i missed the movie... :(... u made me so eager to watch it....but i didnt have enough good luck!!....newyz... ur blog rockz dude...!!..keep it alive and rocking.. i really like the way u writte haan!!... neways... take care!!... ciao!

Rohit Anand said...

heeeeeeeheeeeee