Thursday, May 17, 2007

Liverpool Lives In Me!

It was the sound of pouring rain that woke me a bit early this morning. I lay on my bed watching a rare sight in these wretched summers. In no time I decided to wear my new Liverpool jersey to office.

I have been buying jerseys of my favourite football players in the past and am always on the lookout for more! Before this, I have Christian Vieri's No. 32 Inter Milan and Michael Owen's No. 10 Newcastle jerseys. I don't really support the two clubs, Inter still to some extent, but I absolutely love watching these two players on the football pitch. I have always felt good when I have adorned myself with these prized possessions in cloth.

But today, the moment I put on the new one and looked at myself in the mirror, I was in a different world altogether, more or less in a state of trance! The vibrant red colour, the Liverpool logo on the chest and the sponsor's name in the centre, just a few inches above the waistline... it all reminded me of the pride 'n' passion with which I have religiously followed this football club for years now. I could hear the chants of "You'll never walk alone" loud in my head. For a moment, I felt as if I was Rafa's new signing for the next season. A moment of sheer ecstasy!

It was the first time that the name and the number at the back didn't outweigh what flashed on the chest in red, white 'n' green! :)


Here's the new merseyside hero posing for the shutterbugs! :D
Sad pic...but who cares, it's Steven Gerrard's No. 8 Liverpool jersey! It's taking me higher...!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

damn cute and honest!!!

Reeta Skeeter said...

sahi! i wish potter had a jersey too ;) kp collecting!

Gerek! said...

I'm sure you're proud to be wearing that jersey .. It feels different and I feel magical wearing that!!! hahaha .. lol

Reeta Skeeter said...

hehe FF...M back! ah hero and all that.. eee to hum pahale padhe hee nahi babua...tum eee lal bushirt aaafees pahan ke gaye? kauno dikkat naaahi hui? :D

Anonymous said...

Bakwas pic hai remove kar de. Definitely I didn't click this one.

I'll send u a pic in which I am wering a jersey having my name and club name.