Saturday, August 18, 2007

Ye Mera India...

15 August, 2007 : India’s 60th Independence Day.
A mid-week holiday, a day to fly kites, a day to feel good about our country, just to forget about it the next day, till we have another national holiday to do many such things again!
It’s good to be a nationalist and rave about one’s country, but is it an easy way to comfortably adorn this attitude, when convenient, and be ignorant about all the areas where we lack and where we need to improve?

I agree, “koi bhi desh perfect nahi hota, use perfect banana padta hai!”, but then, are we doing enough to make our nation one of the greats in the world?
A month back, millions of people of our country voted for the Taj Mahal to seal its place in the Seven Wonders of the World, but when I visited the monument this Monday, it just did not seem as if we really care about it as much as we showed through that poll!

These pictures speak louder than words:


Mangal Sen thinks he's written his name in the golden pages of Indian history!


I never thought we were so bad at both these languages to have such a hard time reading that!

I am an Indian, this is my country
I have the right to be free, the right to be me
But with that, I have a moral responsibility
To respect the fundamental duties, that the constitution expects of me
You may ask me, “Is it a price to be free?”

I’d say, “No it’s the love for my country, just as my country loves me!”

Hope that every Indian feels this way...Jai Hind!

10 comments:

Reeta Skeeter said...

Yo!!!! Me first! Lovely post...Wish everyone starts thinking like that...We would be a better nation then! Cheers! Happy Blogging!

Unknown said...

Some times its easy to say than to do.. thats exactly the root cause of this problem...

we talk a lot and do very little..

Anant Arora said...

The independence day was on 15th but the post is dated 18th; thats precisely the reason why we 'LAG' behind! But I am glad you atleast cared.

We think therefore we will be!

burf said...

taj is overpriced

but some places which are as precious as taj are abused much more cruelly

Girish K said...

Nice Blog.

Cheers
Girish

di.di said...

nice post! sorry I didn’t comment sooner... ChakDe India!

umangexuberance said...

hey!
nice post..an eye opener
keep it up...hope the mangal sens of India can read it and learn something :)

Anonymous said...

...this made me think...

Anonymous said...

ppl in our country give importance to the D day , by sending independence day msgs, flying kites...not even knowing why are they doing that. All that is needed is a sincere effort to improve where we actually need to and show love for your country.

Bhavya said...

true che mahn....jai hind :D at least ppl readin thiz sud make a start...gr8 wrk sir!!