Monday, May 05, 2008

The Next Bend

Come 19th May, and I'll set out on a journey which takes me to a life which was long awaited, had been dreamt of in the past, then forgotten, virtually given up on at a point in time, but one fine day emerged from nowhere and presented a sweet surprise! The journey which takes me back to a life where I won't need to wait for the third day of the month to receive my salary slip, where I won't need to worry about the income tax returns, where I won't need to invest a huge amount of money in investment plans to save on some of my hard earned money which would have otherwise helped pump the government's treasures!
For the next year, I'd officially be a student again.

The last day at work this Friday, launched the countdown to the big day, when for the first time I'll leave the luxuries that come with being at home with family, to search for a space for my head, not only outside the bounds of this city I'm so in love with, but also this country that I feel strongly rooted to.
Going away from the friends who were always around in the good and the bad times and some relatives who have always been special, the restaurants that have given me reasons to honour their tables time and time again and the coffee shops that have been the homes for some of the best conversations I've had, the occasional photowalks that kept my Sunday mornings busy and the more regular, beloved post-dinner walks in my own company!

!!SNAP!!

Putting the sadness to rest, there's a new world to look forward to, and my word am I excited! I feel like a kid inside, who's promoted to the next grade in school and is waiting for the new session to start. Awaiting a new set of people that I'd call batchmates, some of them who'd become good friends, some who'd add their names to the ever overflowing list of acquaintances, and some who I might never see again after a year, but all adding to the experience of learning from each other, of togetherness, and contributing to each other's personal growth. It'll be the year that will finally give my career the direction that I had been longing for. And hopefully, at the end of it, I'd finally be having a good time at my workplace for all the right reasons. And for someone who loves travelling, spending quality time in two new cities, meeting their natives, getting an opportunity to immerse into two new cultures and maybe managing to pick up snatches of their local languages, it all suits me perfectly fine!

As promising as it sounds, I can expect this year to be highly taxing, as is characteristic of B-schools. But as the saying goes and I do believe, "Once you're in it, you'll get through it!"
I hope that this will turn out to be one of the most memorable years of my life. Insha-Allah!

16 comments:

Reeta Skeeter said...

MF!
:)
Whew! Finally you are done with this post and it is as good as it should be...
Keep this space alive...Am sure you would have LOADS to share with us from where you are headed...
Best wishes are always there with you...
Will miss you Partner...
Be good!

Aastha Jain said...

Nice :-)
I can sense the "Togetherness"
Hope in yr ahead u get wat u expect and accept wat u dnt expect!!

Schigera said...

Allah is already pleased! The rest will be all great too.

Wishing u the best times ahead.

Satanic Angel said...

OOyyyeeee!!!
Em Bee Aye in Dubaaaii!?
Cooool..psst..sp jain kya? kuch tips de de yaar!
Wow and the post's written pretty much well..all sophisticated u sound :p
Dubai means no tax anyway :p
cool cool am happie fo ya :)
Btw i got my gdpi in a sidey coll tis sunday..sidey for me not for my parents..they're prayin i get into it and am prayin otherwise >:)

Satanic Angel said...

2 new cities..singapore n dubai? GOTCHA!
>:)

Aditi Sharma said...

Ja jee le apni zindage meri jaan.. life is as it is too short.. and student life starts and ends even before u know it...


I am sure u ll have some tough times ahead..but knowing you my buddie, you will not let the situation get the best of it..

with lots of love .. and loads of wishes for one of my dearest friends..
chummi!!!

Sonam Chhabra said...

congos fr gettin thru..
i saw ur comment on ma blog..n followed yu till ur blog..
n haqppy tat i did..got to read sum beautiful pieces..
keep it up!!

crasiezt said...

So this is the "new phase" you were referring to???
Congratulations man! It's so cool to read that you're gonna do what you've wanted in a very long time:-)
Heart-breaking it is to leave all your friends behind, but am sure you'll make loads more wherever you go, considering that you're such a sweetheart:D

Loved the way you've written this post:-) Just promise to keep writing!!

nitesh said...

Finally you are on a road which leads to highway
earlier you were on a kachha road
wish i also get on that road soon
student again and that too in singapore and dubai
F1 and gold land :)

P said...

:)

Congrats...

man in painting said...

Congrats.
It is always good to be a student again.
Me too blog.
do visit.

Pallav said...

mera number kab aayega?

P said...

Long time no post,eh?

Satanic Angel said...

hiiii long time!
am good jus got bak to college frm a long nice vac :)
my coll is down south :)
howz singapore treatin ya?

zo said...

nice read :)

hey! cant seem to find any sharing engine on ur blog. y dnt u put up something like Tell-a-Friend so that visitor like me can share ur articles with frens thru mails,IMs,blogs,socialnetworking sites etc...u cn simply register on www.socialtwist.com Do check it out :)

Unknown said...

Long time..